Awkward Silence

I see you.

You see me.

Our eyes meet,

But out mouths don't speak.

We stare

At different eyes, face, and hair

Wanting to express feelings we can't bare,

But we both look away scared.

Everyday ours eyes meet

And we still don't speak

Holding in feelings we can't bare

Hoping one day we won't be scared.

Unfortunately, we must face reality

That neither one of us will

Gain enough courage to speak

So we go on speechless

Wondering what we could have been

...Wondering what we could be.

We would have known

If only we'd just speak

Instead of walking pass

Each other every day

Silently.

Gene

This was so beautiful. Its a common thing that happens to everyone. You are a great poet as well.

Angelwith1wing

Thank you for your comment. It is nice to see someone likes my work. 

__Eviana

BEAUTIFUL

Angelwith1wing

Thank you for your comment!!!  Even thigh it is one word, it means a lot. Keep writing on my friend:)!!!

therealmisslauren

I love this! It's so relatable and I do this with this guy at my gym all the time. Maybe one day I'll say hi! Lovely poem. 

Angelwith1wing

Thanks:)!!! It's best to do something than to wonder what if like I sadly had to learn. Thanks for the comment. God bless and keep writing on my friend :).

powerful.imani

This POEM is what I be going though. Your words explain silent but now your voice is HEARD. i LOVE this poem so amazing ,wonderful work. Check out my poetry when you get a chance. Keep up the good work!! 

Delaware2020

Simply amazing. :) I love it.

Angelwith1wing

Thanks for the comment and support!!! I appreciate it. I can't wait to read your poems and comment on your poems, too. God bless you and keep writing on my friend!!!

Sharnelle

I did this for two years with a guy a had the hugest crush on. I love to read great poems that I can relate to, so keep writing! :)