12 Months and Beyond

January – Just establishing new year resolutions, just dreaming about who I want to be, just looking back over the past year

The Beginning.

February -  Finally a new semester of school, finally realizing my passions, finally start expanding my horizons

A time for exploration and understanding one’s self. Who am I? Who do I want to be?

March – Making new friendships, making up my goals, making study sessions

The moment that helps define who you are through the people you meet and what you become involved in; Work; School; Sororities; Soccer.

April – Always rushing things, always learning new things about myself, always developing

A busy time, learning your cans and cannots, your dos and will not dos; still finding yourself but more confident in the process. You’re a pro.

May – Mostly stressing for exams, mostly time flying by, mostly dreaming of summer

The amount of different emotions are endless. The stress of exams, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

June – Joyfully celebrating summer, joyfully balancing part time jobs and a social life, joyfully spending time with family

A time to be relaxed. Spend time with the family, find your roots that you may have lost during the first half of the year.

July – Jokingly playing around, jokingly thinking about improbable futures, jokingly wanting to move forward and never turn back

The time to live life and take a part in your passions. Music; Art; Sports.

August – Again sinking back into the rhythm of school, again adjusting to new surroundings, again leaving the nest

A perfect way to learn how to be elastic. A point in your life where you again take a part in the shift of who you are and who you will become.

September – Still here, still growing, still thriving

The hardships are just mountains that hide the view. Once you’re over the top you can see the world.

October – Open-mindedly trying new things, open-mindedly having new conversations, open-mindedly transforming

A time to feel better about going outside of your comfort zone. Putting yourself out there. Trying new foods. Learning a different language. Talking to people that you’ve never given the time to.

November – Naturally meeting my goals, naturally content with the struggles that were experienced, naturally keep moving

The hard work is paying off. Friendships that were lost, grades that were dropped, nights that passed without sleep are overshadowed by new findings, a new self-awareness, loud laughter, and daring adventures.

December – Definitely changed for the better, definitely will continue to change, definitely looking forward

The last month of one year of your life.

It’s only the beginning.