11 things I will never tell my sisters because I love them

Eleven things I will never tell my sisters because I love them

One,

I cannot stand that Jake Paul that you idolize and his voice is beginning to burrow a hole in my nightmares.

Two,

I never learned how to parallel park

Three,

I do not know why you must play that clarinet at nine o’clock in the morning

Four,

I’m keeping journals of your life that I will give you when you’re 18

Five,

Your life will always be happy and everything is going to be okay

Six,

You hide your Halloween candy underneath your bed and you have never seen the Snickers’ wrappers under mine.

Seven,

It took a lot of courage to tell you I was going to therapy

Eight,

Sometimes I wonder if you will ever miss me when I go away as much as I will miss you

Nine,

I was driving past midnight last July and I almost missed the turn to our house but then I remembered that you were sleeping and I had to be home to see you wake up.

Ten,

A friend called me up one day and I said no because you were going to win a volleyball game and I wanted to cheer you on.

Eleven

I keep myself in different spheres. There is Me, a Friend. Me, a Girlfriend. Me, a Daughter. Me, a docent. Me, a leader, Me, alone, and Me, your big sister. I will always be just Me, your big sister. Your big sister who knows everything. Your big sister who can do anything. Your big sister who can come running at the sight of a tear in your eye. Your big sister who can come to the rescue at the sound of the silent breaking of your heart. Your big sister who can race home at taste the bitter rejection in your mouth. I want you to think I can do everything. I want you to know that I can be everything for you. All I want you to know is that I don’t want you to know that I, your big sister, am not infallible. That, I, your big sister, am human.