“Beauty & The Beast“

August 7, 2017

Tomas Vazquez

Once Upon A Time Scholarship

Growing up as a kid, my parents would take road trips to go visit family all over the nation. Me being the curious kid. I watched movies to keep me occupied by the time on long trips. However, there was one movie that stuck out to me and always had an unusual perspective. That movie was, “Beauty & The Beast“.

I know one may ask how can one’s mind have a different interpretation to such a friendly movie. Well, picture this. The Beast signifies the sorrow and loneliness one is cursed with when love is not expressed. The only thing that can break this curse is Belle. However Belle is not something money nor power can buy. It is genuine healing.

The only way the Beast gained healing from Belle was from his mind telling him to go after her. Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth, and the rest of the house items, of course played a role in his mind. These are sometimes the voices in our head that we hear, leading us to making decisions. Essentially, the movie was really a depiction of a lonely person who found themselves in another person.

In conclusion, Beauty & the Beast was never a kids movie to me, but instead it was a guide to finding the love of my life. Every man would be a beast in this world without a “Belle” in there life.